Despite predictions that information technology would reduce paper consumption, 90-95% of business information is still stored on paper.
In the United States, we use enough office paper each year to build a 10-foot-high wall that’s 6,815 miles long, or two and a half times the distance from New York to Los Angeles. In individual terms, the average American office worker disposes of 100 to 200 pounds of office paper per year.
That’s a lot of paper – and a lot of waste!
Driving paper out of your business processes creates BOTH cost savings AND environmental benefits.
Digiscribe’s green paperless office services are easy to use, quick to implement and require no capital expenditure or IT support. We can take you green and profitable by:
- Reducing paper costs associated with inventory, shipping, printing, faxing and consumables. This also prevents unnecessary deforestation.
- Reducing real estate costs by eliminating file cabinets and reducing office space requirements. You will also decrease your carbon footprint with reduced utility costs.
- Reducing off-site storage costs and related transportation costs to and from the facility. Cutting down carbon emissions and utility costs helps you go green.
- Increasing the effectiveness of your core business processes. Driving paper from key business processes such as accounting allows for quicker invoice payments to take advantage of early payment discounts, improved cash flow and reduced days that sales are outstanding. The cost of processing an invoice can typically be cut by a factor of 10.
- Improving employee productivity. By scanning documents and managing them electronically, employees can access, distribute and share critical information in less than three seconds directly from their computer, 24/7. Employees can focus on their core responsibilities instead of wasting time and money searching for information.
Together We Can Help Save the Environment
Going Green is an ideal all businesses should adhere to in order to be profitable and contribute to the health of our planet. As a continuation of our “green” initiative, Digiscribe will make a donation to the Nature Conservancy again this year for every document we scan in 2009.
To learn more about how we can help your company go green and become more profitable, please contact me email@example.com or call me at 800-686-7577 x 1103.
I look forward to speaking with you.
IBM: New IBM Software Helps Companies Reduce Costs, Paper Consumption by Transforming Business Processes, December 2, 2008