Industry / Hospitality
“In my experience, the hospitality industry can lag behind with technology because the focus is on the front of the house and service. We had already gone paperless on the back-end of the accounts payable process but we were looking to be more efficient on the front-end. We were looking for AP workflow automation, and Digiscribe came through for us.”
Madaline Ansalone / VP & Corporate Controller
Denihan Hospitality Group
What problems did Denihan face?
- AP staff was spending unproductive time manually processing, managing, filing, retrieving, and sharing paper files
- Paper documents being routed among several locations caused poor visibility into the invoice approval process
- Responding to audits was costly and time-consuming as files stored off-site had to be shipped back to the office to be accessed
- Inability to efficiently locate financial documents prevented departmental managers from performing month-end responsibilities in a timely manner
What solutions helped them?
- Mailroom Services: Stop disorganization at the source by outsourcing your mailroom. Your invoices are scanned and digitized immediately upon receipt.
- Workflow Automation Software: Quickly and easily process digitized invoices with software that automates the manual steps that waste your time.
- Cloud Document Management Software: Organize your invoices without complicated naming conventions. Find what you need with a simple search.
- Integration Services: Integrate your new document management software with your existing ERP platform for real-time access to information.
What impact did the solutions have?
- A streamlined, highly efficient accounts payable process
- Improved expense control and reporting, making annual budgeting simpler and more accurate
- Improved data security and regulatory compliance due to audit trails, security logs, and utilization reports
- Ability to focus on value-added work such as improving processes and controls, not chasing paper
Want to read the full story?