Industry / Healthcare/Medical
“Accuracy at our level of quality is essential. Our records are doctor and patient specific…if a patient has a crown done now and then another one made 6 months or a year from now, we reference that information. You can imagine the increased efficiency of a couple of keystrokes versus searching through boxes!”
Gail Broderick, MDT / Laboratory Director
JK Dental Laboratory
What problems did JK Dental Laboratory face?
- Paper-based filing system for case management and associated work tickets for dental prosthetics was slow and cumbersome
- Lab technicians needed quick and easy access to work tickets throughout each stage of development and production
- Paperwork orders cannot leave the lab at any time
- Lab is running out of space and does not want to relocate
What solutions helped them?
- In-house document scanning and indexing software
- Cloud document management software for the secure storage, tracking and management of files
- Kodak document scanners
What impact did the solutions have?
- Technicians have immediate and continuous access to work tickets from within their line-of-business software, Labtrac
- Faster order fulfillment and improved customer service
- Reallocation of 30 square feet of office space by eliminating file cabinets
Want to read the full story?