Industry / Healthcare/Medical
“Accessing old paper charts is quick and easy with PaperVision. The information is right at my fingertips from within the NextGen electronic health record and the integration is seamless to me. I can now access old paper charts from offsite. This has proven invaluable when I am on-call after hours or on the weekend.”
Dr. Jeffrey Leen / Pediatric Ophthalmology
Rockland Eye Physicians & Surgeons, PC.
What problems did Rockland Eye Physicians & Surgeons, PC. face?
- With two locations, staff accessibility to medical charts was unreliable and difficult to manage
- A looming EMR implementation demanded conversion of paper patient files
- Inefficiencies due to staff spending hours a day looking for misplaced files
- Office space is very tight with no room for expansion of services
What solutions helped them?
- Outsource scanning and indexing of medical records
- In-house document management software
- Integration of document management software with EMR system
What impact did the solutions have?
- Savings of $20,000 annually due to increased staff efficiency
- Annual revenue increase of $75,000 due to conversion of storage room to an exam room
- Conversion of space previously used for file cabinets to administrative office
Want to read the full story?